Your Guide to Recruiting and Retaining Excellent Senior Staff
This publication has been written by Marilyn Forde, principal of forde advisory-executive search and people management, a leading consultant and an experienced not-for-profit senior executive.
The publication discusses all the steps necessary for the process of recruitment together with detailed commentary and advice to maximise success. It suggests ways to avoid some common mistakes and sets out recommendations for you and your organisation to adopt ‘best practice’ principles when recruiting staff generally – but with particular focus on ‘senior staff’ (the term CEO is most often used) because of their importance to the organisation in providing leadership.
As well as commentary about best practice recruitment and retention, this publication provides examples of documents that illustrate the various recruitment process steps which can be adapted to your own particular situation.
Items covered by Your Guide to Recruiting and Retaining Excellent Senior Staff include:
- A concise explanation of terminology;
- Background – the underestimated costs of poor recruitment practices;
- What constitutes ‘best practice’ in recruiting and retaining senior staff?;
- Deciding how to manage the recruitment process;
- Finding candidates;
- Advertising the position;
- Choosing applicants to interview;
- Interviewing applicants;
- Reference checks;
- Making the offer;
- Not doing it all yourself! – working with an Executive Search firm;
- Induction – the first 100 days;
- Ongoing support and relationships;
- Assessing performance;
- Advice for the appointee – now you’re the CEO/Executive team member;
- Exercising leadership; and
- CEO-Board relationship.
In addition, ten (10) Appendices provide templates, resources and advice for further explanation.
This publication ensures that your organisation is ready to successfully recruit and retain its future leaders, so essential to your organisation’s viability.