Risk Management Policy and Procedures
This publication has been written by Job Safety Assistance®, leading Australian advisers in the field of Work Health and Safety.
This publication sets out for your organisation the details of an appropriate Risk Management Policy and Procedure ensuring a commitment to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all workers. It recognises that a robust risk management framework is an integral part of a sound Work Health and Environment Management System.
Items covered by the Risk Management Policy include:
- Scope and Objectives;
- Principles and benefits;
- Definitions; and
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Health and Safety Committee
- Supervisors/Persons with Management Control
- Health and Safety representative
- External WHS Consultants
- Injury management.
The Risk Management Procedure details the following Key Process Steps:
- Communicate and consult openly and willingly;
- Establish the context for risk management;
- Identify hazards and risks associated with each task and the workplace;
- Control or treat the risks to ensure the best possible control level is implemented;
- Monitor risk controls; and
- Evaluate risk control measures adopted to ensure risk controls are appropriate.
This publication ensures that your organisation is ready to implement its commitment to work health and safety.
Risk Management Policy And Procedures | Not For Profit Publications